Duration: 03 Nights/04 Days
Delhi / Paro /Thimphu/ Paro Delhi
Day 1 : Delhi / Paro
Altitude: 2250m. Above the sea level.
Population Size: 43,168 (2014)
Driving Distance: 15 minutes.
Druk Air Kathmandu/Delhi/Paro.
Please arrive at the Druk Airline check in counter, Delhi International Airport, 2 hours prior to departure time. Fly into Paro Bhutan from Bangkok. On this flight, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas as you start approaching Bhutan. Arrival in Paro where you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide from Outlander Travels and Adventure.
After a 10-15 minutes’ drive from the airport you’ll reach the hotel. After check in, lunch served at the hotel. After lunch, Visit KichuLhakhang, one of the oldest Monastery in Bhutan and have a look around Paro town. Overnight Paro at Hotel.
Day 2 : Paro Excursion to Trekking Monastery – Thimphu
Day hike to Taktsang Monastery view point. Taktsang, meaning “Tiger’s nest,” is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months. Afternoon, visit National Museum and drive to Thimphu, the capital city for Overnight at Hotel Thimphu.
Day 3: Thimphu – Paro
Altitude: 2350m. Above the sea level.
Population Size: 116,012 (2014)
Driving Distance: 2 Hours
Full day sightseeing in and around Thimphu Valley, The largest and Capital City of Bhutan.
Some of the attractions include;
1. Purchase world’s most beautiful postage stamps, collector’s items and postcards at face value from general post office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
2. Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
3. Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
4. Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honor memory of Late King JigmeDorjiWangchuk, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
5. Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase some beautiful writing sets from the factory.
6. Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Yak and Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
7. Drive up to view point and take a hike beyond to see the clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
8. Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used as bed covers or wall decoration, jewelries and many more. Late afternoon, transfer to Paro for Overnight
Day 4 : Paro- Delhi/Kolkata
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for flight to Delhi/Katmandu. TashiDelek!!!